Monday, December 8, 2008

I love this time of year

I really do love this time of year. I love seeing all the lights put up outside, the tree decorated, the ledge (because we don't have a fireplace), the stockings, and the kids. We put up the tree this weekend, and I love seeing the kids put the ornaments on the tree. Everyone gets a new ornament each year and the kids know who's is who's. They get so excited when I show them their new one. We made a few ornaments last year and they knew who's each was. Cody made one that was silly and he said when Hannah saw one of them (I think it was her's) she thoroughly inspected it to see if it was the one Cody had made. When it wasn't she waited, anxious to see and giggle at his. They remember and it makes them happy. I love seeing that. I need to take a picture of it, shame on me for not already having that done. The ledge is decorated this year with the stockings hanging from it. We got new stocking holders and they've had fun deciding who gets which holder (I need to remember to mark them somehow because I'll forget!). This time of year is busy; recitals and practice, Christmas programs and parties, and many things with the families, but I still love it nonetheless.

No comments: