Monday, August 3, 2009

Just some randomness

The baby's a ham. He's started doing this when we take pictures. I don't really understand why. It's not from lack of attention. Jeez, all three of these kids are rotten. The best part is that I (we) know they are rotten, but still some of the best kids on the planet.
This dog, oh my. Some mornings I think this dog will be the death of me. The mornings when I'm trying to get myself and the kids ready after getting up just a few minutes later then I should; these are the mornings when she decides to snatch stuffies off the kids' beds and run around the house with them, not listening when I calmly (but firmly) say "drop-it" over and over again. Threatening to disintegrate them in front of their owners does not create good vibes between Maggie and the kids. They tend to get a little upset.

Then she does stuff like this and all is forgiven. She believes she is really one of our kids. She even believes she should sit in the chair like a big girl. Patience, she's still a baby. Another year and (so I've been told) she'll be an awesome dog.


School starts next week. I can't believe summer is almost over. We get to meet Eli's teacher tonight. The rest of the week should be pretty quiet. This weekend, I'm going to call it 'the weekend in which I will spend a small fortune'; shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes, school supplies, clothes, and I'm sure they'll come up with other things that they just can't live without will have to be gotten. Since summer is almost over I'll start a countdown to our mini vacation to Chicago. Should be lots of fun :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very cute post!! :) How could it not be with pictures of those babies of yours!?