Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby it's cold outside :)

Good grief that's the understatement of the year. I know that there are lots of other places MUCH colder then here at our frigid -4. It could be -20 before the windchill factor. This morning, after the phone call that school had been cancelled, we looked at what the temp was outside. With the windchill it was -20. I had to allow 40 minutes for my car to warm up and there was still frost on the back window (now is the time I wish I had a place in the garage). I can't imagine how long it would take for the buses to warm up enough so that our babies wouldn't freeze. It's no wonder they closed school for the day. I don't even want the kids walking to the car, let alone stand outside and wait. I'm not a big fan of this cold. Right about now I'm just a tad bit jealous of my family that is in Miami.

No comments: